An aromatherapy classic! The sweet smell of thyme, smelling of honey and summer, dispels sadness, warms up, lifts the face, makes you feel positive.
Provides strength and energy for the frail, a very valuable helper for body and soul in seasons changing time.
It has strong antimicrobial properties – it cleans and pleasantly breathes indoor air, helps with coughing and colds.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Without phthalates
- Air purifier & freshener
- For children during season change
- For Hair
- Perfumery note: middle.
Thyme – Since ancient times, thyme has been considered a symbol of vital energy and strength. It dispels sadness, warms the heart, and gives a positive, even warlike feeling. Particularly recommended for use in winter or when the seasons change.
Thyme oil is one of the hottest and most 'alive' essential oils. The herbalist John Gerard described it in 1597 as 'hot and dry in the third degree (or even in the strongest fourth degree)'. It is an activator of body energy.
Thyme oils are divided into chemotypes based on the predominant compounds – thymol, carvacrol, thujanol, linalool, geraniol. All chemotypes have strong antiseptic properties, with thymol and carvacrol having the strongest antimicrobial activity.
Our thyme oil contains mainly linalool (20%), with a lower and fairly balanced content of other compounds (see chromatogram), with a very pleasant, sweetish, mild odour; the effect is strong but not aggressive, and it is suitable for use by children.
Not all the properties of this product are mentioned here. Unfortunately, due to the EU regulation of health claims, we cannot inform you in detail, even if the benefits of this product are scientifically proven.
As the seasons change, thyme essential oil can be used in winter as follows:
- For children, unless otherwise advised by a specialist: evaporate indoors, add when washing the house, put a couple of drops on the corner of a pillow or on a garment, dilute in vegetable oil at a ratio of 0.5 – 1% (e.g. 1 – 2 drops of essential oil to a teaspoon of almond oil), rub on the chest and soles. If the essential oil is not irritating to the skin, dilute a little and apply to the pannus (not the mucous membrane).
- Essential oils are not necessary for babies without a specialist's recommendation; babies receive their immunity through breast milk and aromatherapy can be used by other family members. If necessary, it is sufficient to just lightly diffuse essential oils in the room, add them when washing surfaces, and apply 1 drop to the floor away from the face. A baby's respiratory tract is very sensitive, so the smell should be barely perceptible in the room, and the rule of 'less is better' should be followed. It is safe for babies to use hydrolats – lavender, myrtle, tea tree, didramonium.
- For adults, these essential oils are also effective. It is great for steaming indoors, for use in massages, balms, breathing in hot vapours with a few drops, etc. When applied to the skin, it can be diluted to a higher concentration, e.g. 2%.
Important to know: when choosing essential oils with the same name on the market, pay attention to a few important factors: the quality of the essential oils - assured by a professional and trustworthy aromatherapy retailer, the botanical name of the plant, the place of origin and the expiry date.
- do not use pure on the skin as it may cause irritation; dilute with vegetable oil or butter; maximum concentration for use on the skin is 18.2% (R. Tisserand, R. Young "Essential Oil Safety"); use our concentration calculator;
- protect the eyes;
- effects on pregnant and lactating women are unknown; essential oils should be avoided for the first 3 months of pregnancy and for infants under 3 months of age unless necessary;
- despite the high phyto-, aromatherapeutic quality of this oil, the aromatherapy community cannot recommend internal use for therapeutic purposes, but such use is possible if prescribed by a phyto/ aromatherapist;
- do not use on cats, birds, fish, rodents, reptiles (evaporate in small quantities at home or use on your own); do not use on dogs, horses, muzzle, genitals, vaccinate;
- this essential oil is not registered as a medicinal product;
- this essential oil is not registered as a biocide;
- keep tightly closed in a dark, cool place.
- bottle: glass
- cap/dropper: plastic
- label: paper or plastic PVC