Yarrow Hydrolat (wild plants, Lithuania) Achillea millefolium
bot. Achillea millefolium
The hydrolat obtained by distilling organic Lithuanian yarrow in copper alembic water is particularly suitable for irritated, damaged skin.
Achillea is the herb of Achilles, the patron of the wise centaur Chiron. This legendary hero of the Trojan War is said to have been the first to know its powers. In Lithuanian, it was also known as the sage grass, the sravine grass, the carrot grass. Old herbal writings say that yarrow is good for the body as well as the heart. It was from its stalks that the 'Book of Changes' or 'Yì Jīng', divining rods for the future, were made in China.
- From wild plants
- From Lithuanian plants
- pH: 3.5-4.9
- Distilled in cooper alembic
- Normal skin
- Sensitive skin
- Acne and Pimple
- Dilated Capillaries.
Yarrow hydrolat has a soothing effect and is therefore recommended for problematic, painful, sensitive, capillary skin. It helps acne-prone skin, even with deep lesions. It soothes the skin and helps it to recover more quickly. It is particularly pleasantly moisturising and softening, and the skin feels velvety when sprayed on.
Used in combination with witch hazel and sage hydrolats to relieve premenstrual and menopausal problems.
Natural face care is unthinkable without hydrolats. They are sprayed on the skin as soothers, tonics or moisturisers. We use hydrolats in ALL of our creams, emulsions and shampoos instead of plain water.
Use of hydrolates in skin care:
- as a tonic – spritz on the face and allow to dry, do not wipe off; spray on the skin as soon as you feel it needs it: please your face at least a few times a day if you are in air-conditioned rooms, on hot summer days, after sunbathing; allow to soak in and dry by itself;
- as a moisturiser – spritz your face and apply cream or oil without waiting for it to dry;
- as a cleanser – wash your face with the hydrolat in the morning, especially if your skin is sensitive to tap water. Spray liberally over the face, wiping with a wet tampon (does not remove make-up); spritz over the face to complete the make-up removal procedure; allow to dry naturally to allow the skin to soak up the plant's wonderful bioactive compounds;
- for soothing compresses and resting on problem areas;
- for premenstrual and menopausal problems: add one tablespoon each of yarrow, Italian broom and sage hydrolats to 1 L of water and drink daily;
ACHILLEA MILLEFOLIUM FLOWER WATER
- there are no restrictions on use;
- store in a dark, cool place tightly closed;