Lime essential oil Citrus x aurantifolia
The essential oil of lime, also known as lime, is popular for its fresh, energetic, bitter citrus scent. It spreeds the unparalleled smell indoor, wardrobes and revitalizes laundry. Its smell, like all citrus, is acceptable to many. Lime essential oil blends well with various essential oils, so having a few, with lime essential oil, you can create charming compositions for home fragrances or creating perfumes.
- Without phthalates
- Perfumery note: top.
When using lime essential oil, we advise you to take into account the recommendations of aromatherapists regarding phototoxicity:
DISTILLED lime essential oil is extracted by distillation from the peel of the fruit and is not phototoxic (R. Tisserand, R. Young "Essential Oil Safety", 2014). However, distilled limes sometimes contain extremely low levels of citropten, bergapten, so there is still a small chance of a reaction with the sun. It is rich in limonene, 1.8 cineole. Due to the presence of limonene, it is important to take care of the citrus fruit to avoid oxidation (which can cause skin sensitisation). Safe during pregnancy. Often used in the food industry.
Pressed lime essential oil is extracted from the peel by pressing. Rich in limonene, beta-pinene. Lemonene may cause slight skin sensitisation if oxidised, stale. Important: Pressed lime essential oil is phototoxic – it reacts with the sun! Do not use 12 hours before going out in the sun. In the case of limes in particular, the risk is considered moderate, and dilute to 0.7% when applied to the skin (R. Tisserand, R. Young "Essential Oil Safety", 2014).
Not all properties of this product are mentioned here. Unfortunately, due to EU regulation of health claims, we cannot inform you in detail, even if the benefits of this product are scientifically proven.
- do not use pure on the skin as it may cause irritation; dilute with vegetable oil or butter; maximum concentration for use on the skin is 18.2% (R. Tisserand, R. Young "Essential Oil Safety"); use our concentration calculator;
- protect the eyes;
- effects on pregnant and lactating women are unknown; essential oils should be avoided for the first 3 months of pregnancy and for infants under 3 months of age unless necessary;
- despite the high phyto-, aromatherapeutic quality of this oil, the aromatherapy community cannot recommend internal use for therapeutic purposes, but such use is possible if prescribed by a phyto/ aromatherapist;
- do not use on cats, birds, fish, rodents, reptiles (evaporate in small quantities at home or use on your own); do not use on dogs, horses, muzzle, genitals, vaccinate;
- this essential oil is not registered as a medicinal product;
- this essential oil is not registered as a biocide;
- keep tightly closed in a dark, cool place.
- bottle: glass
- cap/dropper: plastic
- label: paper or plastic PVC
Who bought this also bought
Šį kvapą naudojome teatro festivalyje, ir galime patvirtinti, kad visi visi žiūrovai maloniai nustebdavo, pajutę tokį gaivų kvapą. Tikrai padeda gerai nuotaikai palaikyti:)