The special thing about the macadamia oil from the House of Scents is that it is hand-pressed in a small cooperative in the PAR. The nuts are fresh, unheated and unroasted (which is easy to understand when you smell the oil - it has a sweet, fresh nutty smell). After draining, the oil is left to settle without being filtered.
This primitive technology allows us to preserve much of the bioactive substances and solar energy stored in the germ, the nut, which our skin greedily absorbs and uses as cell building materials and antioxidants. These substances make up the so-called unsaponifiable fraction of oil substances. Compare for yourself: the most commonly quoted unsaponifiable content in industrially extracted macadamia oil in the literature is 0.3%, while our 'handmade' macadamia oil contains 7%!
- Process: Cold pressed
- Dry skin
- For Hair.
Macadamia oil (bot. Macadamia integrifolia) is one of several oils that contain high levels of palmitoleic fatty acid and almost all monounsaturated fatty acids. Palmitoleic fatty acid is uncommon in plants. It is also present in the sebum of our skin, which is why macadamia oil is so easily absorbed by the skin. In addition, palmitoleic acid inhibits the growth of gram-positive bacteria, so macadamia oil can be a useful ingredient in cosmetic products, protecting products from spoilage and the skin from certain infections.
Macadamia oil is wonderfully softening to the skin, penetrates easily and absorbs quickly.
Warm oil masks give shine to dry hair and limp hair ends, and regulate the scalp's oil production.
- Colour and concentration can vary from batch to batch due to weather and climatic events, which is normal and typical for natural plant extracts.
- Store tightly sealed in a dry, cool and dark place.
- Protect the contents from moisture and dirt - the oil may begin to deteriorate (oxidise).
- The amount of oil in the bottle is the amount indicated on the label, visual quantities may vary due to the design of the bottles.
- Do not use if it has changed and developed an unpleasant odour.