Peppermint Hydrolat (Lithuania) Mentha x piperita
100% natural product obtained by distillation of peppermint (bot. Mentha x piperita) grown on an organic Lithuanian farm.
The sweet and cooling scent of peppermint is the indescribable aroma of childhood, which has been with mankind since its cradle. Until recently, mothers or grandmothers used to add a drop of peppermint oil to a lump of sugar to quench every imaginable sniffle and ailment. Because of its distinctive taste and freshness, peppermint is used all over the world in teas and dishes.
- From Lithuanian plants
- Normal skin
- For Hair
Peppermint hydrolat cleanses and refreshes the skin, eliminates the smell of sweat, and can help relieve migraines. Peppermint, when applied topically, relieves itching, helps with frostbite, bruises, abrasions and insect stings. Menthol, the main constituent of peppermint essential oil (naturally occurring in the hydrolyate), produces a cooling effect when applied to the skin. In case of damaged oral mucosa, peppermint hydrolate is suitable for use in mouthwashes. As a mouthwash, it has a pleasant, unobtrusive taste, deodorises and freshens breath;
Natural face care is unthinkable without hydrolats. They are sprayed on the skin as soothers, tonics or moisturisers. We use hydrolats in ALL of our creams, emulsions and shampoos instead of plain water.
Use of hydrolates in skin care:
- as a facial mist and tonic – spray on the face and allow to dry, do not wipe off; spray on the skin as soon as you feel it needs it: please your face at least a few times a day if you are in air-conditioned rooms, on hot summer days, after sunbathing; allow to soak and dry by itself.
- as a moisturiser – spritz your face and apply cream or oil without waiting for it to dry;
- as a cleanser – wash your face with the hydrolat in the morning, especially if your skin is sensitive to tap water. Spray liberally over the face, wiping with a wet tampon (does not remove make-up); spritz over the face to complete the make-up removal procedure; allow to dry naturally to allow the skin to soak up the plant's wonderful bioactive compounds.
MENTA x PIPERITA WATER
- there are no restrictions on use;
- store in a dark, cool place tightly closed;