Lemon balm essential oil Melissa officinalis
The refreshing, lemony scent of lemon balm is familiar to lovers of traditional Lithuanian herbal teas. Melissa is calming and helps you concentrate. Although the scent of melissa is strong, the herb accumulates very little essential oil, rarely up to 0.25%, which makes it as expensive as rose, jasmine or other flower oils, and it is often adulterated by diluting it with essential oils of laurenic, lemongrass, or synthetic alternatives.
- Without phthalates, pesticides and other contaminants - does not disrupt endocrine system
- For/after workout
- Perfumery note: middle.
Melissa oil helps to dispel gloom and despair, bringing light to life. It increases mental stamina, helps concentration, focus and memorisation. Melissa is soothing, warming, delicate and friendly. They are for those who are in need of love but cannot receive it; for those who give too much of themselves to those around them, pushing their own needs into the background; for those who are overprotective of others and therefore exhaust themselves.
Melissa is a help for the eternal fighters, for those who think that life is a battlefield. It is also for those who have no sense of purpose in life, or who are experiencing a crisis of meaning in life. Melissa concentrates and at the same time helps to open up to everything that is happening.
Melissa is full of the element of air - growth, life, joy. It is a plant under the auspices of astrological Jupiter. This is why the connection of Melissa with sexuality, eros and sensuality is so strong.
Melissa oil is applied to the edges of the lips and scabs during colds.
Not all the properties of this product are mentioned here. Unfortunately, due to EU regulation of health claims, we cannot inform you in detail, even if the benefits of this product are scientifically proven.
- Do not use pure on the skin as it may cause irritation; dilute with vegetable oil or butter; maximum concentration for use on the skin is 0.9% (R. Tisserand, R. Young "Essential Oil Safety"); use our concentration calculator;
- Do not use on sensitive, damaged or diseased skin;
- Protect eyes;
- Effects on pregnant and lactating women are unknown; essential oils should be avoided for the first 3 months of pregnancy and for infants under 3 months of age unless necessary;
- Do not use in children under 2 years;
- Despite the high phyto-, aromatherapeutic quality of this oil, the aromatherapy community cannot recommend internal use for therapeutic purposes, but such use is possible if prescribed by a phyto/ aromatherapist;
- Do not use on cats, birds, fish, rodents, reptiles (evaporate in small quantities at home or use on your own); do not use on dogs, horses near the muzzle, genitals, vaccinate;
- The fragrance house warns that this essential oil is not registered as a medicinal product;
- The Fragrance House warns that this essential oil is not registered as a biocide;
- Keep tightly closed in a dark, cool place.