Baobab oil (organic) Adansonia digitata
A spectacular oil from the seeds of the equally spectacular fruit of the baobab tree. You may not have heard of baobab oil, but you certainly know the tree from which it comes. Baobabs are tall, thick-trunked trees that look like they are upside down, like their roots are suspended in the air. They are common in southern African countries such as Malawi, Kenya and Madagascar. Local people use all parts (the fruit, leaves, seeds, and oil ) of the tree.
Baobab oil is cold-pressed from the seeds and is used for a variety of applications, from cooking to body and health care. It is almost odourless, yellowish, velvety in texture and feels like velvet on the skin, absorbing easily and quickly.
Due to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, this oil can benefit both skin and hair. That's why Baobab oil is used in many commercial skin and hair products.
- Process: Cold pressed
- Raw & Vegan
- Dry skin
- Sensitive skin
- For Holiday Luggage.
- ideal for dry skin and wrinkle prevention;
- improves skin moisture, firmness and brightening;
- particularly useful during the summer season and as a tanning oil; it accelerates skin pigmentation, enriching the skin with antioxidants and thus helping to protect the skin against the harmful effects of UV rays;
- soothes irritated, damaged areas and speeds up tissue regeneration;
- also suitable for revitalising the scalp and hair;
- suitable for use pure or in mixtures;
- suitable for the whole family, children and babies;
- for face, body, hands, dry feet and elbows – use in place of your daily cream, massage a few drops or a few drops into wet skin after showering or after moisturising with the hydrate;
- excellent hair mask for coloured and tired hair – gives elasticity, smoothness and shine;
- scalp mask – soothes itching, strengthens hair follicles and normalises sebum production. It is advisable to apply the mask 1t/week: wet the scalp and hair with water; apply a few drops to different parts of the scalp, massage in circular movements, making sure that the oil is evenly distributed over the skin. Leave for 0,5-1 hour, preferably under a warm hat or towel, or even better overnight, and wash off with a mild shampoo.
Ingredients: Baobab Oil *.
* – Organic ingredients
Composition of organic unrefined baobab oil from the Kvapų namai:
- up to 2.7% of unsaponifiable bioactive substances (vitamins, phospholipids, phytosterols)
- polyunsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid) – 34%
- monounsaturated fatty acids (oleic) – 36%
- saturated fatty acids (mainly palmitin) – 28%
- colour and concentration can vary from batch to batch due to weather and climatic events, which is normal and typical for natural plant extracts;
- store tightly sealed in a dry, cool and dark place;
- protect the contents from moisture and dirt – the oil may start to deteriorate (oxidise);
- the amount of oil in the bottle is the amount indicated on the label, visual quantities may vary due to the design of the bottles;
- do not use if it has changed and developed an unpleasant odour.
- bottle: glass
- cap: aluminium
- label: plastic PVC