Ravensara essential oil Ravensara aromatica syn. Cryptocarya agatophylla
bot. Ravensara aromatica s. Agathophyllum aromatica
Ravensara oil has a light, mild, camphoraceous odour, lighter and more delicate than eucalyptus due to the absence of pungent cineole, due to the mono terpenes camphene, pinene and cadinene. The aroma of Ravensaras depends on limonene, linalool and other pleasant-smelling aliphatic terpenes.
Please note: do not confuse the ea of aromatic ravensara with the ea of camphor cinnamon, which is sometimes referred to empirically as ravintsara. They are two different plants and their essential oils are different.
- For children during season change.
There is perhaps no better essential oil for the changing seasons than ravensara essential oil. It is recommended for purifying and scenting the air in the home, public areas, workplace, sick room, cleaning surfaces, massages, scented baths, hot water vapours with ravensara essential oil.
This is not all the properties of this product. Unfortunately, due to EU regulation of health claims, we cannot inform you in detail, even if the benefits of this product are scientifically proven.
Air purification and respiration. Ravensara essential oil is very good to use in vaporisers, humidifiers, aroma lamps, or if you don't have any, just sprinkle it on cotton wool and place it in several places in your apartment on warm radiators. Bedrooms, children's rooms and common areas are particularly good for conditioning the air. It can be added to water when washing floors etc.
If you need to feel the ravensara closer, put a few drops on your clothes, a child's scarf, the corner of a pillow or on a napkin by the bed.
Scented baths. Lie in a bath of warm water with a few drops of ravensara essential oil. Caution: the oil does not dissolve in water, so it should be added to a tablespoon of milk or common salt before pouring it into the bath. An even quicker and more effective way is to breathe 3-5 drops of ravensara essential oil into hot water while bending over a steaming bowl for 10 minutes.
Massage. Add 3-4 drops each of ravensara and radial eucalyptus ea to any base/massage oil and massage the back, chest, legs and arms.
- do not use on fresh skin as it may cause irritation; dilute with vegetable oil or butter;
- protect eyes;
- effects on pregnant and lactating women are unknown; essential oils should be avoided for the first 3 months of pregnancy and for infants up to 3 months of age unless necessary.
- despite the high phyto-, aromatherapeutic quality of this oil, the aromatherapy community cannot recommend internal use for therapeutic purposes, but such use is possible if prescribed by a phyto/ aromatherapist;
- do not use on cats, birds, fish, rodents, reptiles (evaporate in small quantities at home or use on your own); do not use on dogs, horses, muzzle, genitals, vaccinate;
- this essential oil is not registered as a medicine;
- this essential oil is not registered as a biocide;
- keep tightly closed in a dark, cool place.
- bottle: glass
- cap/dropper: plastic
- label: paper or plastic PVC