Yellow turmeric essential oil with a calm, fresh spice-like scent reminiscent of ginger, galangal, with a light earthy tint. Nowadays, the essential oil of turmeric is extracted either by distillation or by supercritical CO2 extraction. The oil we offer (CO2 extract) contains 85% essential oil, with a predominance of ~ 68% turmeric; in addition, there are alpha-adrenrenol, alpha-zingiberen, sesquifelandren. Curcumin is <1% in this extract.
Turmeric is one of the oldest spices used by mankind, it is called the king of spices in Ayurveda, so turmeric essential oil has found its place in aromatherapy.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Without phthalates
- Process: CO2 extraction
- For/after workout .
The bioactive compounds in turmeric are the polyphenol curcumin (virtually absent from the essential oil) and turmerones, the main compounds in the essential oil.
Their antioxidant, stimulating and tonic properties help you to feel invigorated and younger. They give vitality and resilience in the changing seasons, cold and dark.
Turmeric tones and nourishes the skin, giving it a youthful glow and radiance.
Turmeric is particularly appreciated by yogis. As well as cleansing and purifying the body, it also improves muscle flexibility and reduces painful sensations in muscles and joints, making it easier to do yoga asanas.
This is not all the properties of this product. Unfortunately, due to the EU regulation of health claims, we cannot inform you in detail, even if the benefits of this product are scientifically proven.
- do not use pure on the skin as it may cause irritation; dilute with vegetable oil or butter; maximum concentration for use on the skin is 18.2% (R. Tisserand, R. Young "Essential Oil Safety"); use our concentration calculator;
- protect the eyes;
- effects on pregnant and lactating women are unknown; essential oils should be avoided for the first 3 months of pregnancy and for infants under 3 months of age unless necessary;
- despite the high phyto-, aromatherapeutic quality of this oil, the aromatherapy community cannot recommend internal use for therapeutic purposes, but such use is possible if prescribed by a phyto/ aromatherapist;
- do not use on cats, birds, fish, rodents, reptiles (evaporate in small quantities at home or use on your own); do not use on dogs, horses, muzzle, genitals, vaccinate;
- this essential oil is not registered as a medicinal product;
- this essential oil is not registered as a biocide;
- keep tightly closed in a dark, cool place.
- bottle: glass
- cap/dropper: plastic
- label: paper or plastic PVC