It is a cold-pressed, unrefined, delicately sweet-smelling plum seed oil from France.
Plum kernel oil is characterised by a very high concentration of the antioxidant vitamin E, a high resistance to oxidation and a high ratio of monounsaturated fatty acids to saturated fatty acids. Its unique, luxurious scent is reminiscent of almonds, marzipan and sweet dessert.
Suitable for dry skin and hair. It has a very light consistency, so it nourishes the skin without leaving a greasy residue.
- Process: Cold pressed
- Dry skin
- For Hair.
It has skin-softening and antioxidant properties. Provides elasticity, hydration and nourishment to dry skin and hair. Helps maintain the youthfulness of the skin. Particularly valued in hair care as a strengthening, moisturising and radiant treatment.
This oil has accumulated all the essential substances for skin care, such as natural antioxidants, essential fatty acids and polyphenols [1,4]. Plum kernel oil contains three times more tocopherols (i.e. vitamin E) than olive oil, making it an excellent source of protection against damage caused by external and environmental factors and for restoring the hair structure . One of the aromatic volatile compounds present in the oil is benzaldehyde, which gives the oil a mild almond scent .
Sources , , ,  in Kvapų namai database.
Plum kernel oil has a wide range of uses. Instead of using a cream, apply to skin that has been moisturised with the hydrate for faster absorption. Pure or as an ingredient, it is particularly suitable:
- Hair balms, masks
- As massage oil
- For moisturising face creams
- For after-shave balms
- For softening nail cuticles
- Colour and concentration can vary from batch to batch due to weather and climatic events, which is normal and typical for natural plant extracts.
- Store tightly sealed in a dry, cool and dark place.
- Protect the contents from moisture and dirt – the oil may start to deteriorate (oxidise).
- The amount of oil in the bottle is the amount indicated on the label, visual quantities may vary due to the design of the bottles.
- Do not use if it has changed and developed an unpleasant odour.
- bottle: glass
- cap: aluminium
- label: plastic PVC